Participant Information Sheet
- Project title
Understanding Challenges and Opportunities during Digital Transformation
- Principal Investigator and co-investigator(s), if any, with the contact number and organization.
Samuel Chng, Research Fellow
Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities,
Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
Tel: +65 64994053, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is the purpose of this research?
In this study we would like to understand your experience in digital transformation and how you experience emerging digital technologies shape working conditions in your organisation.
You are invited to participate in a research study. This information sheet provides you with information about the research. The Principal Investigator (the research doctor or the person in charge of this research) or his representative will also describe this research to you and answer all of your questions. Read the information below and ask questions about anything you don’t understand before deciding whether or not to take part.
- Who can participate in the research? What is the expected duration of my participation? What is the duration of this research?
We are looking for individuals who are currently in employment and are above 21 years old but there are no restrictions on gender and ethnicity. This online study will take place online and takes about 15 minutesof your time.
- What is the approximate number of participants involved?
We expect to gather the experiences of 2,000 individuals.
- What will be done if I take part in this research?
If you agree to take part in our study, you will be invited to complete an online study that will take no more than 15 minutes of your time and we will ask you for:
- Details about the state of digitisation in your workplace.
- Your perception and experiences of current/emerging digital technologies.
- How will my privacy and the confidentiality of my research records be protected?
This study is anonymous and will not collect identifiable information. Electronic files will be stored on password-protected computers and backed up on password-protected external hard drives.
- What are the possible discomforts and risks for participants?
There are no known risks from taking part in this study, but as in any research, there is some possibility that you may be subject to risks that have not yet been identified. In any case, if you chose to participate, you may discontinue should you feel uncomfortable at any time.
- What is the compensation for any injury?
We do not anticipate any injury or compensation from your participation.
- Will there be reimbursement for participation?
We do not offer reimbursement for participation.
- What are the possible benefits to me and to others?
There is no direct benefit to individuals who participate in this study, except that they will be part of an effort that helps researchers better understand the impact of emerging digital technologies on work. The public will benefit in the future through the insights researchers gather to inform decision makers how digital transformation might be improved.
- Can I refuse to participate in this research?
Yes, you can. Your decision to participate in this research is voluntary and completely up to you. If you do not want to participate, you can either stop participating to the survey or simply close the browser window.
- Whom should I call if I have any questions or problems?
You may contact any member on the research team for research-related matters and in the event of research-related injuries. Their contact details are listed above.
For an independent opinion regarding the research and the rights of research participants, you may contact the Human Protection Administrator (Attn: Ms Julie Sabaratnam, at telephone 6303 6691 or email at email@example.com).