PhD, Pantheon-Sorbonne University
Sylvain has worked for 25 years as an economic and business analyst, researcher, teacher, and advisor in Europe and Asia. He was an information systems management consultant in Paris with leading service & finance multinationals. He was posted by the French Ministry of Finance as an economic analyst and trade diplomat in Seoul, Korea. He has advanced into research and dissemination on the topic of urban economic development, with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship, and an adjacent interest in business ecosystems. He holds a PhD in Geography from Pantheon-Sorbonne University.
- PhD in Geography, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne, France
- MSc in Management, ESSEC Business School, France
- Remy, Sylvain., Kolokotsa, Julie., Ondrus, Jan., Yassine El Ouarzazi, & Glady, Nicolas. (2021). Purposeful Ecosystem Orchestration. In Mayer, Colin & Roche, Bruno (Eds.), Putting Purpose into Practice: The Economics of Mutuality. Oxford University Press. https://global.oup.com/academic/product/putting-purpose-into-practice-9780198870708.
- Remy, Sylvain. (2018). Diversified Metropolitan Areas and Innovative Entrepreneurship in the United States. Doctoral dissertation in French, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne, UMR Géographie-cités.
- Parc, Jimmy., & Remy, Sylvain. (2015). FDI and Cluster: From Local to Global Link. In H.-C. Moon (Ed.), Foreign Direct Investment: A Global Perspective (pp. 97–111). Singapore: World Scientific.
- Remy, Sylvain., & Moon, Hwy-Chang. (2015). The K-Strategy: strategic social capital for urban competitiveness. Asian Geographer, 32(1), 1–18.
- Remy, Sylvain. (2014). The K-Strategy: strategic social capital for urban competitiveness (Working Paper No. 6; pp. 1–18). Graduate School of International Studies, Seoul National University.
- Remy, Sylvain. (2019, Aug). Does industrial diversity promote innovative entrepreneurship? A study of United States metropolitan areas. International Geography Union Urban Commission Annual Meeting, Luxembourg