PhD in Public Policy from the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore
Sreeja Nair is a policy researcher and has an inter-disciplinary background with a PhD in Public Policy from the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (National University of Singapore), Masters in Climate and Society (Columbia University) and Environmental Studies (TERI University, India). Currently a Research Fellow at the Singapore University of Technology and Design, Sreeja is part of the Social Science Research Council funded project on digital disruption and workforce and focuses on the policy implications of job disruptions in the finance and manufacturing sectors in Singapore. She was previously a Research Fellow at the Nanyang Environment and Water Research Institute, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore where her research focused on bridging socio- political and technological aspects of water sustainability initiatives in urban Asia. Prior to that she was a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Centre for Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, School of Social Sciences and Instructor at the Public Policy and Global Affairs programme, NTU teaching undergraduate courses on Policy Design, Social Policy and Environmental Policy Design.
- PhD in Public Policy from the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore
- Masters in Climate and Society, Columbia University and Environmental Studies, TERI University, India
- Nair, Sreeja., El-Taliawi, Ola G and Van der Wal, Zeger. (In press). Public Policy Education in the non-Western world: Changing Context and Content. In Anis B. Brik & Leslie A. Pal (Eds.) The Future of Policy Sciences, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Nair, Sreeja., Lim, Sun Sun., Trenerry, Brigid, Chng, Samuel and Wang, Yang. (In press). Preparing for workforce transformation in Singapore: The Role of Technical and Vocational Education and Training. In: The Next Digital Decade – Policy Approaches from Asia. Konrad Adenauer Stiftung and Digital Asia Hub, Germany.
- El-Taliawi, Ola G., Nair, Sreeja & Van der Wal, Zeger. (2021). Public policy schools in the global south: a mapping and analysis of the emerging landscape. Policy Sci. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11077-020-09413-z
- Nair, Sreeja. (2020). Addressing uncertainty and ambiguity in policymaking: advancements and dilemmas. A Modern Guide to Public Policy, 58-77. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Nair, Sreeja. (2020) Designing Policy Pilots under Climate Uncertainty: A Conceptual Framework for Comparative Analysis, Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis: Research and Practice, 22:4, 344-359.
- Richa Shivakoti, Michael Howlett, Victor Fernandez & Sreeja Nair (2019). Governing international regime complexes through multi-level governance mechanisms: lessons from water, forestry and migration policy, International Journal of Water Resources Development.
- Jensen, Olivia, Nair, Sreeja. (2019). Integrated Urban Water Management and Water Security: A Comparison of Singapore and Hong Kong. Water. 11(4):785.
- Ng, Wun Jern., Nair, Sreeja., Jinadasa, Shameen., Valencia, Evelyn. (2018). Saving Lakes: The Urban Socio-Cultural and Technological Perspectives. World Scientific Publishing. 160 pp.
- Nair, Sreeja. and Howlett, Michael. (2017). Policy Myopia as a Source of Policy Failure: Adaptation and Policy Learning under Deep Uncertainty. Policy and Politics. Special Issue: Learning and Policy Failure. 45 (1), January 2017, 103-118(16).
- Wellstead, Adam., Howlett, Michael., Nair, Sreeja., and Rayner, Jeremy. (2016). “Push” dynamics in policy experimentation: Downscaling climate change adaptation programs in Canada. Climate Services. Vol 4, December 2016, 52-60.
- Nair, Sreeja. and Howlett, Michael. (2016). From robustness to resilience: avoiding policy traps in the long-term. Sustainability Science. Special Feature: Original Article Traps! Expanding Thinking on Persistent Maladaptive States in Pursuit of Resilience. November 2016, 11 (6), 909–917
- Nair, Sreeja. and Howlett, Michael. (2015). Scaling up of policy experiments and pilots: a qualitative comparative analysis and lessons for the water sector. Water Resources Management. 29 (14), 4945-4961.
- Nair, Sreeja. and Howlett, Michael. (2015). Meaning and Power in the Design and Development of Policy Experiments. Futures. Special Issue: Dealing with long-term policy problems: Making sense of the interplay between meaning and power, 76, 67-74.
- Nair, Sreeja., Wong, Kai Wen., and Ling, Chow Mei. (2014). Bangkok Flood Risk Management: Application of Foresight Methodology for Scenario and Policy Development. Journal of Future Studies. 19 (2), 87-112.
- Nair, Sreeja., Lim, Sun Sun., Trenerry, Brigid., Chng, Samuel., and Wang, Yang. (2021, Feb). Preparing for workforce transformation in Singapore: The role of Technical and Vocational Education and Training. The Australasian Public Policy Network Conference.