PhD, University of Sussex, United Kingdom
Dr Špela Močnik is a Research Fellow for the Lee Li Ming Programme in Ageing Urbanism. Špela was an AHRC (Arts and Humanities Research Council, UK) scholar between 2012 and 2015. She is an interdisciplinary sociologist specialising in the study of critical theory, multiculturalism, globalisation, cosmopolitanism, ageing society and Southeast Asian urbanisms, more specifically, public cosmopolitan spaces. Through her work, she hopes to articulate the centrality of social justice in understanding and applying solutions to urban areas conditioned by pluralism.
- PhD, University of Sussex, UK
- MA (with distinction), University of Warwick, UK
- BA, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Yuen, Belinda., Močnik, Špela., Yu, Freya Ching Hui., & Yap, Winston. (2020). Ageing-Friendly Neighbourhoods in Singapore, Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America An Annotated Bibliography. Springer.
- Yuen, Belinda., Močnik, Špela., Yu, Freya Ching Hui., & Yap, Winston. (2020). State of Ageing-Friendly City in Singapore. In Ageing-Friendly Neighbourhoods in Singapore, Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America (pp. 1-23). Springer, Cham.
- Lane, Anna., Wong, Chek Hooi., Močnik, Špela., Song, Siqi., & Yuen, Belinda. (2019). Association of Neighborhood Social Capital with Quality of Life Among Older People in Singapore. Journal of Aging and Health, 0898264319857990.
- Yuen, Belinda. & Močnik, Špela. (2019). Introduction: Framing the Issue, in B. Yuen (ed.) Ageing and the Built Environment in Singapore. Springer.
- Delanty, Gerard. and Močnik, Špela. (2015). ‘Cosmopolitanism’, in Oxford Bibliographies in Sociology. Available at: http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780199756384/obo-9780199756384-0133.xml.
- Močnik, Špela. (2012). ‘An Interview with Igor Štiks’, in Asymptote. Available at: http://www.asymptotejournal.com/interview/an-interview-with-igor-stiks/.
- Močnik, Špela. (2010). ‘An Interview with Prof Robert Fine: The Holocaust and Its Implications in Modernity’, Thinking Aloud project. Department of History, University of Warwick.
- ‘Are we civic-minded enough?’, The Graduate
- ‘Debate over double-edged sword in technology’, The Straits Times
- Močnik, Špela. (2018, Oct). Age-friendly neighbourhoods in Singapore: Understanding older adults’ needs and perceptions of the built environment. Canadian Association on Gerontology (CAG) Conference: Making It Matter: Mobilizing Aging Research, Practice & Policy Vancouver, Canada.
- Močnik, Špela. (2015, May). Students Promoting Considerate Behaviour – How Effective Can It Be?, Managing Student Behaviour, M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries, Goldsmiths University, UK.
- Močnik, Špela. (2014, May). (En)Countering Evil: Primo Levi’s Postmetaphysical Thinking. 2nd St Andrews Graduate Conference in International Political Theory: Political Evil, St Andrews University, UK.
- Močnik, Špela. (2013, Oct). The Concept of Cosmopolitan Solidarity. Cosmopolitanism and Conflict, John Cabot University, Italy.
- Močnik, Špela. (2010, Mar). Justice in Kantian and Smithian View: Human Rights and the Idea of Cosmopolitanism. Annual Postgraduate Conference: Whose Rights? How Right?, University of Warwick, UK.