Postdoctoral Research Fellow
PhD, Department of Geography, National University of Singapore
Siqi is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities. She received her PhD in Geography from National University of Singapore and Bachelor’s degree in both Urban Planning and Economics from Wuhan University, China. Her research interests fall broadly under transportation, urban planning and GIS/spatial analysis, with a special focus on sustainable transport policies and the interaction between the built environment and travel behaviour.
Currently, she is working under the Lee Li Ming Programme in Ageing Urbanism, where she explores the role of built environment in shaping health and wellbeing among older adults in Singapore.
- PhD, Department of Geography, National University of Singapore, Singapore (2018)
- B.E. in Urban planning, School of Urban Design, Wuhan University, China (2013)
- B.Ec. in Finance (double degree), Economics and Management School, Wuhan University, China (2013)
- Song, S., Diao, M., & Feng, C.-C. A pseudo-panel-based dynamic model of car ownership in Singapore: Exploring the role of transport pricing and supply. Urban Studies. (Under review)
- Song, S., Feng, C.-C., & Diao, M. Vehicle quota control, transport infrastructure investment and vehicle travel: A pseudo panel analysis in Singapore, Journal of the American Planning Association. (Revised and resubmitted)
- Song, S., Diao, M., & Feng, C.-C. (2016). Individual transport emissions and the built environment: A structural equation modelling approach. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 92, 206-219
Conference/ Workshop Presentations
- Song, S., Diao, M., & Feng, C.-C., 2017. A Dynamic Analysis of the Influence of Transport Pricing and Transport Supply on Household Car Ownership. IACP Conference, International Association of China Planning, 16 Jun – 18 Jun, Harbin, China
- Song, S., 2017. Understanding neighborhood infrastructure using GIS: Case study on Singapore’s transport networks. Workshop on “Building Resilient Neighborhood: the Convergence of Policies, Research and Practice”, organized by IPS Social Lab & Centre for Sustainable Asian Cities, 7 Apr, LKY School of Public Policy, Singapore
- Song, S., Feng, C.-C., & Diao, M., 2016. Planning versus pricing: the effect on re-directing travel behavior. RGS-IBG Annual International Conference, Royal Geographical Society, 30 Aug – 2 Sep, London, UK
- Song, S., Diao, M., & Feng, C.-C., 2016. Individual transport emissions and the built environment: A structural equation modelling approach. Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers, 29 Mar – 2 Apr, San Francisco, CA