M.Soc.Sci, National University of Singapore
Irna Nurlina is currently working in the ‘Future of Asian Cities – Citizen Urban Science: Policy & Practice’ project in selected ASEAN cities. She was previously attached to the 'Future of Cities: Imagining the New Diversity' project which focused on Singapore. Her research interests include urban issues, immigration policy, and state-society relations in Asia, particularly in Indonesia, Japan, and Singapore. She photographs landscapes and structures as well as everyday life, and hopes to be a polyglot one day. She intends to pursue a PhD on postcolonial heritage and citizen participation in urban housing issues.
- Master of Social Sciences in Political Science, National University of Singapore
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (2nd Upper) in Political Science, National University of Singapore
- Martinez, R. and Irna Nurlina Masron. (In press). City Profile. Jakarta: A City of Cities. Cities.
- Irna Nurlina Masron. (2020). Politics of Housing: Prospects for right to the city in Jakarta. LKYCIC Research Paper Series No.1.
- Chan Heng Chee and Sharon Siddique, with Irna Nurlina Masron and Dominic Cooray. (2019). Singapore’s Multiculturalism: Evolving Diversity. Routledge.
- Irna Nurlina Masron. (2019, Oct). From ‘transit’ to ‘host’ country?: Examining refugee protection in Indonesia. Paper presented at RESPOND conference on ‘Unpacking the Challenges and Possibilities for Migration Governance’, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Irna Nurlina Masron. (2018, Sep). Who is Urbanisation For?: A comparative inquiry of state-society relations in Jakarta’s urban kampungs. Paper and poster presented at the DAAD Summer School on ‘Urban Transformations to Sustainability in South and Southeast Asia’, Institute of Geography, University of Cologne, Germany.
- Irna Nurlina Masron. (2018, Feb). Between State and Society: The Challenge of Managing Urban Migration. Seminar presentation at the Research Center for Society and Culture, Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI), Jakarta, Indonesia.