PhD in Public Policy, Nanyang Technological University
Gayathri Haridas is a research fellow in the Tackling digital disruption: Industry transformations and workforce resilience project. Gayathri is an interdisciplinary policy researcher specializing in digital governance & citizenship, Asian smart urbanism, urban futures, and urban innovations. Her PhD research was on the role of universities in National Systems of Innovation. Her current research investigates the complex social and cultural issues that arise when societies deeply engage with data-centric digital technologies. She is committed to exploring multiple perspectives and diverse voices imagining and constructing urban futures in her study of issues arising at the intersection of technology, innovation, and society.
At the Centre, Gayathri was involved in the Future Digital Societies project funded by the Ministry of Communications and Information and in the IMD-SUTD Smart City Index.
- PhD in Public Policy & Global Affairs, Nanyang Technological University
- MSc in Science and Technology Studies, London School of Economics
- Haridas, G. & Hakim Norhashim, N. (2020, Aug). Algo-governance and Future-making: Unravelling Responsible Design. Society for Social Studies for Science (4S) Meeting. Prague, Czech Republic.
- Haridas, G. (2019, Oct). Locating Culture in Singapore’s Smart Nation Vision. Roundtable on Culture & Smart City. Goethe Institute, Singapore. (invited speaker)
- Haridas, G. (2019, Sep). Singapore’s Smart Nation Vision: Imaginations, realities and (dis)continuous inequalities. Expert Symposium on Beyond Smart Cities Today. Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Trenerry, B., Haridas, G., Chng, S., Shah, S. Z., Oh, P. H., Yang, W., & Lim, S. S. (2019, Aug). The gender implications of the future of work in Singapore. Gender Summit 16, Singapore.
- Haridas, G. & Chng, S. (2018, Sep). Understanding Digital Health in Smart Singapore. Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) Annual Conference, Sydney, Australia.
- Trenerry, B., Haridas, G., & Lim, S. S. (2019). Diversity, Inclusion and the Future of Work. AsiaGlobal Online. Available at: https://www.asiaglobalonline.hku.hk/diversity-inclusion-and-the-future-of-work/
- Haridas, G. (2019). Bengaluru: People and the City, A Smart Symbiosis in Bris, A., Cabolis, C., Chan, H.C & Lanvin, B (Eds.) Sixteen Shades of Smart: How Cities Can Shape Their Own Future. IMD International.
- Haridas, G. & Willems, T. (2018). The Future of Manufacturing Work in Singapore’s Smart Nation Initiative: Imaginations, Realities, and (Dis)Continuous Inequalities. Making Modernity in East Asia: Technologies of Everyday Life Working Paper. Available at: https://mmea.hku.hk/working-papers/