PhD, Flinders University, Australia
Dr Anna Lane is a lifespan developmental psychologist and gerontologist with a general research interest that focuses on better understanding the psychological, social and environmental predictors of healthy ageing. Specific research foci include the role of the occupational environment in age-associated cognitive decline and the effects of normative life transitions such as retirement from work on healthy ageing outcomes.
Anna has considerable experience working collaboratively with scholars in multiple disciplines on innovative and policy relevant projects in ageing. Currently, she is a Research Fellow with the Lee Li Ming Programme in Ageing Urbanism at LKYCIC. Previously, she was a member of multidisciplinary research teams at the National Institute of Labour Studies and the Southgate Institute of Health, Society and Equity at Flinders University in South Australia exploring the resilience processes of Australia’s ageing farmers, and examining a ‘health in all policy’ initiative to achieve sustainable and healthy communities for all generations.
- PhD, Psychology, Flinders University, Australia
- B.Beh.Sci (Honours, Psychology), Flinders University, Australia
- Grad.Dip.Psyc, Flinders University, Australia
- B.Int.Bus (Honours, Economics), Flinders University
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Lane, A.P., Windsor, T., Andel, R., & Luszcz, M. (2017). Is Occupational Complexity Associated with Cognitive Performance or Decline? Results from the Australian Longitudinal Study of Ageing. Gerontology, DOI: 10.1159/000
- Riley, E., Harris, P., Kent, J., Sainsbury, P., Lane, A., & Baum, F. (2017). Including Health in Environmental Assessments of Major Transport Infrastructure Projects: A Documentary Analysis. International Journal of Health Policy and Management. DOI, 10.15171/ijhpm.2017.55
- Lawless, A., Lane, A., Lewis, F., Baum, F., & Harris, P. (2017). Social determinants of health and local government: understanding and uptake of ideas in two Australian states. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health 41 (2), 204-209
- Greenhill, J., King, D., Lane, A., & MacDougall, C. (2009). Understanding resilience in South Australian farm families. Rural Society, 19 (4), 15
- Luszcz, M., & Lane, A. (2006). When environmental support fails: Part-set cueing in older and younger adults. Australian Journal of Psychology, 58, 107.
- Luszcz, M.A. & Lane, A.P (2008). Executive Function in Cognitive, Neuropsychological and Clinical Aging. In S. M. Hofer & D. F. Alwin (Eds). The Handbook on Cognitive Aging: Interdisciplinary Perspectives. SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Level and change in cognitive functioning in later life and principal life-time career: the role of occupational complexity. Presentation, 13th National Conference of Emerging Researchers in Ageing, ‘Making Research Matter’. Flinders University City Campus, Adelaide, Australia, November 2014
- Effect of occupational complexity and retirement timing on cognitive impairment. Presentation, Cutting Edge Research, Australian Association of Gerontology and COTA. Adelaide, Australia 26 May 2013
- Older farmers working: Selective Optimisation with Compensation (SOC). Poster Presentation, Healthy Ageing Research Expo. Adelaide, Australia, 17 Sept 2009
- ARC/NHMRC Research Network in Ageing Well Productivity and Economic Security (PES) theme workshop. Rapporteur, Building Ageing Research Capacity Colloquium. Canberra, Australia, 5 July 2006
- Part-set cuing in older and younger adults: The role of executive function. Poster Presentation, Cognitive Aging Conference. Adelaide, Australia, 12-15 July, 2007
- When environmental support fails: Part-set cuing in older and younger adults. Presentation, NILS Seminar Series.Adelaide, Australia, 2007
- Lane, A. (2017). Social capital report. Lee Li Ming Programme on Ageing Urbanism, Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities, Singapore University of Technology and Design.
- Harris, P., Riley, R., Sainsbury, P., Kent, J., Baum, F., & Lane, A. (2016). Assessing environmental impacts of major transport infrastructure projects: where does human health fit? A Report for The Henry Halloran Trust, Sydney University, Australia. Available from http://sydney.edu.au/halloran/publications/HARRIS_AssessingEnvironmentalImpact.pdf
- Lane, A. (2010). Social Security: Challenge for Australia. Position paper for the Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia. National Institute of Labour Studies, Flinders University.
- King, D., Lane, A., MacDougall, C., & Greenhill, J. (2010). Resilience in farm families: A constructivist perspective. Public Health Bulletin SA, 8 (1), 15-19.