PhD, Flinders University, Australia
Dr Anna Lane is a lifespan developmental psychologist and gerontologist with a general research interest that focuses on better understanding the psychological, social and environmental predictors of healthy ageing. Specific research foci include the role of the occupational environment in age-associated cognitive decline and the effects of normative life transitions such as retirement from work on healthy ageing outcomes.
Anna has considerable experience working collaboratively with scholars in multiple disciplines on innovative and policy relevant projects in ageing. Currently, she is a Research Fellow with the Lee Li Ming Programme in Ageing Urbanism at LKYCIC. Previously, she was a member of multidisciplinary research teams at the National Institute of Labour Studies and the Southgate Institute of Health, Society and Equity at Flinders University in South Australia exploring the resilience processes of Australia’s ageing farmers, and examining a ‘health in all policy’ initiative to achieve sustainable and healthy communities for all generations.
- PhD, Psychology, Flinders University, Australia
- B.Beh.Sci (Honours, Psychology), Flinders University, Australia
- Grad.Dip.Psyc, Flinders University, Australia
- B.Int.Bus (Honours, Economics), Flinders University
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Lane, A., Hou, Y., Wong, C.H., & Yuen, B. (2020). Cross-sectional associations of neighborhood third places with social health among community-dwelling older adults. Social Science & Medicine. DOI: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2020.113057
- Lane, A., Wong, C.H., Mocnik, S., Song, S., & Yuen, B. (2019). Association of neighborhood social capital with quality of life among older persons in Singapore. Journal of Aging and Health.
- Lane, A. & Yu, F. (2019). Person-centered attitudes mediate the association between dementia knowledge and help-giving intentions in Singapore. International Psychogeratrics.
- Lane, A.P., Windsor, T., Andel, R., & Luszcz, M. (2017). Is Occupational Complexity Associated with Cognitive Performance or Decline? Results from the Australian Longitudinal Study of Ageing. Gerontology, DOI: 10.1159/000
- Riley, E., Harris, P., Kent, J., Sainsbury, P., Lane, A., & Baum, F. (2017). Including Health in Environmental Assessments of Major Transport Infrastructure Projects: A Documentary Analysis. International Journal of Health Policy and Management. DOI, 10.15171/ijhpm.2017.55
- Lawless, A., Lane, A., Lewis, F., Baum, F., & Harris, P. (2017). Social determinants of health and local government: understanding and uptake of ideas in two Australian states. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 41 (2), 204-209.
- Greenhill, J., King, D., Lane, A., & MacDougall, C. (2009). Understanding resilience in South Australian farm families. Rural Society, 19 (4), 15.
- Luszcz, M., & Lane, A. (2006). When environmental support fails: Part-set cueing in older and younger adults. Australian Journal of Psychology, 58, 107.
- Lane, A. (Ed.) (2019). Urban Environments for Healthy Ageing: A Global Perspective. Singapore: Routledge.
- Lane, A. (2019). Introduction in A. Lane (Ed). Urban Environments for Healthy Ageing: A Global Perspective. Singapore: Routledge.
- Lane, A. (2018). Exploring Neighbourhood Social Capital in Yuen, B (Ed.) Understanding the Changing Needs of Singapore’s Older Population. Springer.
- Luszcz, M.A. & Lane, A. (2008). Executive Function in Cognitive, Neuropsychological and Clinical Aging in S. M. Hofer & D. F. Alwin (Eds). The Handbook on Cognitive Aging: Interdisciplinary Perspectives. SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Cornet, H., Kong, P., Vallet, F. Lane, A. Theng, Y.L. (2019, Apr). Designing Sustainable Mobility for People at Risk of Social Isolation – Two Cultural Perspectives from Singapore and France. The LENS: the learning Network on Sustainability World Conference: Designing Sustainability for All, Beijing, China.
- Lane, A. (2018, Aug). Neighbourhood social capital in Singapore. International Federation on Ageing, 14th Global Conference, Toronto, Canada.
- Lane, A. (2014, Nov). Level and change in cognitive functioning in later life and principal life-time career: the role of occupational complexity. 13th National Conference of Emerging Researchers in Ageing, ‘Making Research Matter’. Flinders University City Campus, Adelaide, Australia.
- Lane, A. (2013, May). Effect of occupational complexity and retirement timing on cognitive impairment. Presentation, Cutting Edge Research, Australian Association of Gerontology and COTA, Adelaide, Australia.
- Lane, A. (2009, Sep). Older farmers working: Selective Optimisation with Compensation (SOC). Healthy Ageing Research Expo, Adelaide, Australia.
- Lane, A. (2006, Jul). ARC/NHMRC Research Network in Ageing Well Productivity and Economic Security (PES) theme workshop. Rapporteur, Building Ageing Research Capacity Colloquium, Canberra, Australia.
- Lane, A. (2007, Jul). Part-set cuing in older and younger adults: The role of executive function. Cognitive Aging Conference, Adelaide, Australia.
- Lane, A. (2007). When environmental support fails: Part-set cuing in older and younger adults. NILS Seminar Series, Adelaide, Australia
- Lane, A. (2017). Social capital report. Lee Li Ming Programme on Ageing Urbanism, Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities, Singapore University of Technology and Design.
- Harris, P., Riley, R., Sainsbury, P., Kent, J., Baum, F., & Lane, A. (2016). Assessing environmental impacts of major transport infrastructure projects: where does human health fit? A Report for The Henry Halloran Trust, Sydney University, Australia. Available from http://sydney.edu.au/halloran/publications/HARRIS_AssessingEnvironmentalImpact.pdf
- Lane, A. (2010). Social Security: Challenge for Australia. Position paper for the Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia. National Institute of Labour Studies, Flinders University.
- King, D., Lane, A., MacDougall, C., & Greenhill, J. (2010). Resilience in farm families: A constructivist perspective. Public Health Bulletin SA, 8 (1), 15-19.