The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC), a research institute at the Singapore University of Technology and Design, is looking for a Senior Research Fellow/Research Fellow and would like to invite interested candidates to send in their applications.
The successful candidate will be an integral member of a team to establish LKYCIC as the premier centre for the applied study of urban-environmental issues through socio-spatial and behavioural approaches. Candidates with a PhD and background related to socio-urban sustainability, environmental sciences or urban studies are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- work closely with the Lead and Deputy Lead of the Urban Environmental Sustainability Programme to develop research projects and initiatives
- participate in grant applications
- have a clear, independent research agenda (evidence of having conducted research in Asia or a demonstratable interest to conduct research in Asia will be viewed favourably)
- provide mentorship to junior researchers (for those appointed as Senior Research Fellows)
The successful candidate will also have opportunities to teach in the MSc Urban Science Policy and Planning programme (convened by LKYCIC).
Candidates with at least five years of post-doctoral publication track record and a professional history of receiving and managing competitive grants will be considered for appointment as a Senior Research Fellow.
Remuneration will be internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should submit a dossier consisting of the following:
- a cover letter (maximum 3 pages)
- up-to-date CV
- a statement describing their research trajectory and future plans
- a statement describing their teaching experience (if any)
- contact details for three referees (only short-listed applicants will be invited to submit reference letters)
We will begin evaluating candidates immediately, but the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. E-mail applications and further enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate “Senior Research Fellow/Research Fellow – Urban Environmental Sustainability Application” as the subject heading).