The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) at Singapore University of Technology and Design is seeking a full-time Research Fellow in the area of ageing, health and the built environment.
The successful candidate will join the LKYCIC Lee Li Ming Programme in Ageing Urbanism. The Programme and its projects can be viewed: https://lkycic.sutd.edu.sg/research/ageing-urbanism/. The research area is related to older people’s spatial and social activities that support healthy ageing. The research fellow will work directly with the Principal Investigator at every stage of the project and be involved in designing and executing a mixed-methods study as well as preparation of academic publications, reports and guidelines. The research fellow will have opportunity to work with a multi- disciplinary team, and also lead and mentor a team of junior researchers.
This position will be for approximately two years.
Essential Qualification and Skills:
• Minimum a PhD degree in one of the following disciplines: health geography, architecture, urban planning, public health or related fields
• Demonstrated skills in literature searches, reviews and synthesis
• Demonstrated skills in qualitative and/or quantitative methods, analysis and ability to apply it in a range of topics
• Demonstrated skills in research writing and ability to write research proposals, reports and academic publications
• Excellent skills using Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint; statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, STATA); content analysis software (e.g. NVivo); spatial analytics (e.g. GIS)
• Excellent research management and communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills
• Evidence of interest in research with older people.
• Related work experience in research involving ageing, health and the built environment
• Experience in assisting with preparation of grant applications, conference presentations and/or journal articles
• Experience in community engagement activities
• Bilingual capability (Singapore local languages).
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with subject heading – LLMAU Research Fellow application – to Dr Belinda Yuen at email: email@example.com, along with the following:
• Letter of interest addressing the essential and desirable skills and requirements of this position
• Names and email address of 3 referees for us to contact
• A sample of publication or research work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position remains open until filled.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) offers an exciting and intellectually stimulating environment in which appointees can make a significant contribution and develop professionally.