The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) at Singapore University of Technology and Design is seeking a full-time Research Fellow in the area of urban economics to understand the spatial organization and relationships between urban environments and human health and wellbeing.
The successful candidate is expected to work in two of the LKYCIC flagship research programmes: Cities and Urban Science, and Urban Innovation. The Programmes and their projects can be viewed: https://lkycic.sutd.edu.sg/research/. The research area is related to the study of health and wellbeing in urban environments, their linkages in spatial and socioeconomic dimensions and implications for healthy and resilient cities. The research fellow will work directly with the Principal Investigators and be involved in designing and executing research as well as preparation of academic publications and reports.
This position will be for approximately two years.
Qualification and skills required:
- Minimum a PhD degree in one of the following disciplines: health economics or urban economics or related fields;
- Excellent skills in conducting statistical, econometric and other modelling and spatial analytics;
- Evidence of interest in research with health and wellbeing outcomes.
- Related work experience in research involving health and cities;
- A strong team player who is highly motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary setting.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with subject heading – Cities and Innovation Research Fellow application – to Eliza See at email: firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following:
- Letter of interest addressing the essential and desirable skills and requirements of this position;
- Names and email address of 3 referees for us to contact;
- A sample of publication or research work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position remains open until filled.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) offers an exciting and intellectually stimulating environment in which appointees can make a significant contribution and develop professionally.