Research Fellow for Chen TianQiao Programme: Cities and Innovation
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) at Singapore University of Technology and Design is inviting applications from suitable candidates in the area of urban development and innovation for a full-time Research Fellow to carry out research relevant to its Cities and Innovation Programme.
One key thrust of the programme is comparative studies of cities. The research is related to the study of innovation for more inclusive, resilient and sustainable cities, to understand the elements of smart sustainability transformations under several themes including economic prosperity, social inclusion and environmental sustainability. The research fellow will work with the Principal Investigator to develop comparative urban research and be involved in designing and executing research as well as preparation of academic publications and reports.
For more information on the Cities and Innovation Programme, see https://lkycic.sutd.edu.sg/research/urban-innovation/cities-and-innovation/
Duration: This position will be for two years, extensible to longer terms upon satisfactory performance
and funding availability.
Qualification and skills required:
- A PhD degree in urban studies or urban planning or related urban fields
- Experience of working with or doing research about cities and innovation
- Experience with using relevant research methods for cross-city comparative analysis including in-depth
interviews with key informants, compiling case studies, discourse and document analysis, spatial analytics
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary setting
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with subject heading – Cities and Innovation Research Fellow application – to Dr Belinda Yuen at email: email@example.com.
The application must comprise of the following:
- a cover letter explaining your interests and motivation for applying for the position and addressing
the qualification and skills requirements
- a curriculum vitae
- track record of publication in relevant journals and other outlets
- 2 writing samples
- 3 referees who may be contacted for a reference
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position remains open until filled.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) offers an exciting and intellectually stimulating environment in which appointees can make a significant contribution and develop professionally.