The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC), established in 2012, is a research centre at the Singapore University of Technology and Design. LKYCIC aims to stimulate research on cities and urbanisation, and explore the role of technology, design and policy in providing urban solutions.
We are looking for a full-time Research Associate/Assistant interested in behavioural research to join the project titled “Trust Experiments – Measuring Trust in AI as Actions, What Raises and Reduces Trust, and What Innovators and Organizations Can Do to Design Future Trusted AI”. This inter-disciplinary project aims to study trust-related behaviours, preferences, and propensities towards Artificial Intelligence (AI) innovations and AI-implementing organizations. We employ a novel game-theoretic approach in experimental economics to measure individual actions to study the link between public knowledge of AI and trust in AI. We use quasi-experimental methods – survey and vignette experiments – to study individual actions vis-à-vis reputations of the organizations providing AI.
About the Position:
This position is ideal for someone who is excited about applied research and is looking to gain experience for a future career in research. You will be expected to:
- Research and write literature reviews
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator and research team to refine project research design, including the formulation of research questions and hypotheses, and choosing appropriate methodologies
- Conduct experimental data collection activities
- Conduct data analysis
- Assist in preparing papers for peer-reviewed publication, reports and policy papers.
- Communicate research with public and private stakeholders and collaborators
- Provide administrative support for research projects
- Support the team in project management of the research, including technical aspects and budgeting and administrative tasks.
- Liaise with external stakeholders.
- Contribute to additional duties as may reasonably be required within the scope described.
This is a contract position. The term of appointment will be 1.5 years (18months), extensible to longer terms upon satisfactory performance and funding availability.
- A Bachelors or Masters in organizational psychology, business studies/ management, organisational behaviour, sociology or closely-related areas.
- Familiarity with or prior research experience on AI technologies and their consequences
- An interest in and some knowledge of, trust dimensions of technological advancement
- Experience conducting experimental research
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and/or qualitative analysis. Preference will be given to candidates who work with R, STATA, Python, MPlus
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Sound organisational and data management skills
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are to submit their full CV, cover letter (optional), two references, and two English writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org . We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.