The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) at the Singapore University of Technology and Design is looking for full-time Research Assistants to join a multi-disciplinary team of researchers examining the impact of digital technologies on societies.
The project, Digital Economies and Digital Societies, examines the impact of digital technologies on economies and societies. It explores the economic, social, and cultural issues around the accessibility, affordability, and adoption of Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) digital innovations by citizens, communities, companies, cities, and countries. It will also explore the combinatorial possibilities of these 4IR technologies, so as to yield new insights into the systemic opportunities around how societies can remain inclusive in the face of digital disruption.
Essential Qualification and Skills:
- Master’s degree in one of the following disciplines: public policy, sociology, anthropology, psychology and other related social science disciplines
- Demonstrated skills in literature searches and reviews
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
- Demonstrated report writing skills to assist in the development of reports
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- Interest in looking at new issues from your disciplinary perspective
- Competency using statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, STATA) and/or content analysis software (e.g. NVivo)
- Experience in assisting with preparation of conference presentations and/or journal articles
- Bilingual capability (Singapore local languages)
How to Apply:
- Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with subject heading– RA application – to Mr Poon King Wang at email: email@example.com, along with the following:
- Letter of interest addressing the essential and desirable skills and requirements of this position
- CV (with names of 3 referees)
- A portfolio/sample of publication or research work
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position remains open until filled.