The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) at the Singapore University of Technology and Design is looking for a full-time Research Assistant for its research into the future of work in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR).
The candidate will be joining a multi-disciplinary team – with backgrounds cutting across technology, social sciences, policy and strategy — working on the forefront of digital issues in Singapore. The candidate can look forward to working with the team to study how the 4IR is changing the tasks that workers do in their jobs, how this will impact companies and industries in Singapore, and how we can empower workers across all abilities.
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Combine quantitative and qualitative analysis of economic, industry/business, and technology data and trends (willingness and capacity to learn – and/or demonstrated ability to perform – advanced data analytics, visualization and/or modelling will be a plus)
- Conduct interviews, focus groups, and workshops to complement and augment the abovementioned qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Communicate the analysis and findings clearly and crisply, that takes into account the needs and interests of the relevant stakeholders, who can be from academia, policy makers, and/or corporate decision makers.
- Use a human-centric lens to guide her/his work so that the analysis and findings are more likely to empower workers across all abilities for the future.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to quantitative and qualitative study design
- Perform literature searches and reviews
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Develop insights, solutions and recommendations
- Write reports and other academic publications
- Work with the team to translate the above into the design/implementation of pioneering technology-based solutions that the LKYCIC is building to tackle the future of work
- Support the administrative requirements of the project
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field (e.g. Business, Economics, Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, Decision Sciences, Applied Math, etc.)
- Master’s degree would be desirable but not required.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with subject heading – RA (Workforce and Industry Transformation) Application– to Mr Poon King Wang at this email: email@example.com, along with the following:
- Letter of interest addressing the essential and desirable skills and requirements of this position
- CV (with names of 3 referees)
- A portfolio/sample of publication or research work (if available)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position remains open until filled