Research Traineeship Opportunity with Lee Li Ming Programme in Ageing Urbanism
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) at Singapore University of Technology and Design is looking to host a full-time Research Assistant Trainee to work on projects within the Lee Li Ming Programme in Ageing Urbanism https://lkycic.sutd.edu.sg/research/ageing-urbanism/
Research Assistant Trainee
The Research Assistant Trainee will primarily assist with research project that investigates the neighbourhood environment and out-of-home physical activity – walking of older Singaporeans using mixed methods research, combining urban planning and design approaches with advanced AI techniques. The Research Assistant Trainee will support the PI and research team in all aspects of the research project including, but not limited to, prepare materials for IRB review application, conduct literature review, develop and prepare research materials, collect and analyse data, write and prepare deliverables, reports, presentations and papers for dissemination of research findings.
Duration: For 12 months; to commence in Oct/Nov 2020.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum a good bachelor’s degree in urban design, urban planning, urban studies and/or related field; preference given to master’s
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking qualitative and/or quantitative research and data
- Knowledge of using statistical packages (e.g. SPSS) and/or content analysis software (e.g. NVivo).
- Experience in spatial analytics, e.g. using GIS or 2D/3D design software (e.g. Adobe Creative suite, AutoCAD),
- Demonstrated skills in literature search and reviews and maintaining literature databases (e.g. Endnote).
- Demonstrated report writing
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and listening), presentation and interpersonal
- Demonstrated organisational abilities and time management for on-time project completion and delivery.
- Related work experience in research involving ageing, health, planning and
- Bilingual capability (Singapore local languages) in survey
- Computer programming or coding ability with image
- Experience in assisting with preparation of conference presentations and/or journal
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with subject heading – LLMAU RA Trainee application – to Dr Belinda Yuen at email: Belinda_yuen@sutd.edu.sg, along with the following:
- Letter of interest addressing the essential and desirable skills of this position;
- Name and email address of 3 referees for us to contact;
- A sample of publication or research
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) offers an exciting and intellectually stimulating environment in which appointees can make a significant contribution and develop professionally.