The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) at Singapore University of Technology and Design is looking for a full-time Research Assistant to work on projects within the Lee Li Ming Programme in Ageing Urbanism https://lkycic.sutd.edu.sg/research/ageing-urbanism/
The Research Assistant will primarily assist with research project that investigates the neighbourhood environment and out-of-home physical activity – walking of older Singaporeans using mixed methods research, combining urban planning and design approaches with advanced AI techniques. The Research Assistant will support the PI and research team in all aspects of the research project including, but not limited to, prepare materials for IRB review application, conduct literature review, develop and prepare research materials, collect and analyse data, write and prepare deliverables, reports, presentations and papers for dissemination of research findings.
Duration: For 12 months; to commence in Oct/Nov 2020.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum a good master’s degree in health geography, urban design, urban planning, urban studies and/or related field;
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking qualitative and/or quantitative research and data analysis.
- Knowledge of using statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, R) and/or content analysis software (e.g. NVivo).
- Experience in spatial analytics, e.g. using GIS or 2D/3D design software (e.g. Adobe Creative suite, AutoCAD),
- Demonstrated skills in literature search, review and maintaining literature databases (e.g. Endnote).
- Demonstrated report and paper writing skills.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and listening), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organisational abilities and time management for on-time project completion and delivery.
- Related work experience in research involving ageing, health, planning and design.
- Bilingual capability (Singapore local languages) in survey work.
- Computer programming or coding ability with image analytics.
- Experience in assisting with the preparation of conference presentations and/or journal articles.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with subject heading – LLMAU RA application – to Dr Rashed Bhuyan at email: firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the following:
- Letter of interest addressing the essential and desirable skills of this position;
- Name and email address of 3 referees for us to contact;
- A sample of publication or research work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) offers an exciting and intellectually stimulating environment in which appointees can make a significant contribution and develop professionally.