The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) at Singapore University of Technology and Design is looking for a full-time Research Assistant to work on projects within the Lee Li Ming Programme in Ageing Urbanism https://lkycic.sutd.edu.sg/research/ageing-urbanism/
The Research Assistant will primarily assist with a project that aims to evaluate early implementation progress of dementia-friendly communities in Singapore. The Research Assistant will support the PI and Co-I in all aspects of the research project: preparing IRB application, literature review, developing research materials, data collection and analysis, writing up deliverables, reports and papers for dissemination of research findings. Practical experience working in a multidisciplinary team and conducting mixed methods research will be highly valued.
Duration: For 12 months; to commence as soon as possible.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum a Master’s degree in the disciplines of gerontology, psychology, sociology or public health
• Demonstrated experience in undertaking qualitative and/or quantitative analysis
• Experience in using statistical packages (e.g. SPSS) and/or content analysis software (e.g. NVivo)
• Demonstrated skills in literature and internet searches and maintaining literature databases (e.g. Endnote)
• Demonstrated report writing skills
• Excellent communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated organisational abilities and time management for on-time project completion and delivery.
• Related work experience in research involving ageing and health
• Bilingual capability (Singapore local languages) in survey work
• Experience in assisting with preparation of conference presentations and/or journal articles.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with subject heading – RA application – to Dr Anna Lane at email: firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the following:
• Letter of interest addressing the essential and desirable skills of this position
• CV (with 3 referees)
• A sample of publication or research work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) offers an exciting and intellectually stimulating environment in which appointees can make a significant contribution and develop professionally.