The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) at the Singapore University of Technology and Design is looking for a Research Assistant (Economic Sociology) to join a multi-disciplinary team of researchers examining the impact of digital technologies on our economies and societies.
The project, Digital Transformation in Smart Cities, Digital Economies and Digital Societies, examines the impact of digital technologies on our economies and societies. It explores the economic and social issues around the accessibility, affordability, and adoption of Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) digital innovations by citizens, communities, companies, cities and countries. It will also explore the combinatorial possibilities of these 4IR technologies, so as to yield new insights into the systemic opportunities around how societies can remain inclusive in the face of digital disruption.
Essential Qualification and Skills:
- Minimum a Master’s degree in one of these disciplines: economics, sociology
- Interested/experienced in applying economic sociology to solving societal issues of 4IR
- Demonstrated skills in literature searches and reviews
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
- Demonstrated report writing skills to assist in the development of reports
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative study designs
- Experience in conducting observations or interviews
- Experience in assisting with preparation of conference presentations and/or journal articles
- Bilingual capability (Singapore local languages)
How to Apply:
- Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with subject heading– RA (Economic Sociology) Application – to Mr Poon King Wang at email: email@example.com, along with the following:
- Letter of interest addressing the essential and desirable skills and requirements of this position
- CV (with names of 3 referees)
- A portfolio/sample of publication or research work
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position remains open until filled.