Research Assistant for Chen TianQiao Programme: Cities and Innovation
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) at Singapore University of Technology and Design is inviting applications from suitable candidates in the field of urban studies for a full-time Research Assistant to carry out research relevant to its Cities and Innovation Programme.
The research assistant will work with other researchers at LKYCIC on a number of projects including the comparative study of cities. The selected candidate’s primary responsibilities include,
- participate in literature review/evidence synthesis
- participate in the development of data collection materials including preparation for SUTD-IRB submission
- participate in data collection including fieldwork activities
- perform data entry, coding, checking, analysis and management
- participate in writing reports and manuscripts for publication
- assist in preparing and submitting grant status reports to funding agencies
- attend to administrative needs of the project and support overall project coordination and management
- assist with LKYCIC’s other significant initiatives where required
For more information on the Cities and Innovation Programme, see https://lkycic.sutd.edu.sg/research/urban-innovation/cities-and-innovation/
The initial term of appointment will be 1 year, extensible to longer terms upon satisfactory performance and funding availability.
Qualification and Skills:
- A Bachelor with Honours or Master degree in the field of Urban Studies
- Demonstrated skills in literature review
- Demonstrated skills in data collection on issues relating to cities, innovation and urban agenda
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Sound organisational and data management skills
How to Apply:
Application with subject heading – CTQCI RA application – should be sent via email to Dr Belinda Yuen
at email: email@example.com. The application must comprise:
- a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and addressing the qualification and skills requirements
- a curriculum vitae
- a list of publications, if any
- a writing sample
- 3 referees who may be contacted for a reference
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position remains open until filled.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) offers an exciting and intellectually stimulating
environment in which appointees can make a significant contribution and develop professionally.