The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) at Singapore University of Technology and Design is looking for an Interview Assistant to work on Dementia-Friendly Community Evaluation Study Lee Li Ming Programme in Ageing Urbanism.
The Interview Assistant will assist with a project that aims to evaluate early implementation progress of dementia-friendly communities in Singapore. The assistant will be responsible for collecting information from older persons with dementia and their family caregivers that will help Dr Belinda Yuen and Dr Anna Lane to measure the potential impact of the dementia-friendly community.
The role involves:
- Scheduling interviews with potential participants
- Obtaining and ensuring ongoing informed consent from participants
- Conducting interviews (or focus groups) to collect accurate data about the experiences of persons with dementia and their family caregivers living in a dementia-friendly community using the SUTD IRB approved study protocol.
The focus of this role is data collection with persons with dementia and their family caregivers.
We are seeking candidates with availability to work approximately 5-10 hours a week (flexible and intermittent) for a period of up to 2 months commencing Sep 2020.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in social sciences or humanities
- Experience in conducting social or public health research, or other data collection
- Ability to implement the study protocol as it relates to recruitment and data collection
- Ability to undertake work in a professional, ethical and culturally sensitive manner
- Ability to talk and listen to people with dementia and their family caregivers with empathy and compassion.
- Ability to conduct interview in English and Mandarin or 1 other local language.
- Experience interviewing older people, people with dementia or caregivers.
- Previous experience facilitating focus group discussions.
Email Dr Anna Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Cover letter – Introducing yourself and explaining how/when you achieved each of the above selection criteria (max 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae