The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities at the Singapore University of Technology and Design is seeking Research Associates/Assistants to research and design processes and experiences that empower workers to pivot and reinvent their careers.
This work is part of the Future of Work research undertaken by the centre. Specifically, this research aims to determine how we can empower workers to build on and go beyond efforts in upskilling and job redesign to imagining and creating new good jobs and crafting resilient strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform literature review/evidence synthesis.
- Design and conduct qualitative research methodologies such as interviews and focus group discussions (FGDs). This includes developing guides and arranging interviews and FGDs.
- Analyse qualitative data to extract insights that will inform the design process, translating concepts into user journeys, workers’ requirements, and feasible design solutions.
- Design and conduct experiences for workers. This goes beyond creating user interfaces and can include designing seminars, workshops and other forms of immersive interactions and interventions.
- Prepare reports, policy papers or peer-reviewed publications.
- Support project management of the research. This includes budgeting, liaising with external stakeholders and other administrative tasks.
- Additional duties as may reasonably be required within the scope described.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Masters or Bachelors in Arts, Design, Media, Communications, Psychology, Sociology, Ethnography, Anthropology, Social Science, Behavioural Science or related fields.
- Candidates with degrees in quantitative and technical fields, such as Engineering, Statistics, Data Analytics, Computer Science etc., and have some experience in design, or social science research, are welcome to apply.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in conversing across age groups, including younger and older workers. Candidates must be able to empathise with our research participants and talk with them about personal and potentially sensitive topics such as retrenchments and job loss. Candidates must also be able to identify pain points and work with our research participants to develop solutions.
- Good knowledge/demonstrated interest in career development research.
- Good knowledge/demonstrated interest in the social sciences and methods and willing to learn new research methodologies.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative methods is a plus.
- Ability to converse in local Singapore mother tongues (Mandarin, Malay, Tamil, dialects) is a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with the subject heading – Application for Career Experience Designer – to the email address: email@example.com along with the following:
- Letter of interest addressing the essential and desirable skills of this position
- Portfolio, or a sample of your publications or research work. (Only if it’s readily available and necessary to demonstrate your skills.)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) offers an exciting and intellectually stimulating environment in which appointees can make a significant contribution and develop professionally.