Adjunct Research Fellow
PhD, University of Sussex, United Kingdom
Dr Špela Močnik is an Adjunct Research Fellow, attached to the project on Sociospatial Reconfigurations of the City in A Post-COVID World. Špela was an AHRC scholar (Arts and Humanities Research Council, UK) between 2012 and 2015. She is an interdisciplinary sociologist specialising in the study of critical theory, multiculturalism, globalisation, cosmopolitanism, ageing society and Southeast Asian urbanisms. Through her work, she hopes to articulate the centrality of social justice in understanding and applying solutions to urban areas conditioned by pluralism.
- PhD in Social and Political Thought, University of Sussex, UK
- MA in Social and Political Thought (with distinction), University of Warwick, UK
- BA in International Relations, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Yuen, Belinda., Bhuyan, Md Rashed., Song, Siqi., Moogoor, Adithi., Yap, Winston., Močnik, Špela., & Chua, Rochelle. (2022). Age-Friendly Neighbourhood Planning and Design Guidelines: Singapore Case Study. World Scientific.
- Bhuyan, Md Rashed., Lane, Anna., Moogoor, Adithi., Močnik, Špela & Yuen, Belinda. (2020). Meaning of Age-friendly Neighbourhood: An Exploratory Study with Older Adults and Key Informants in Singapore. Cities, 107, 102940. doi:10.1016/j.cities.2020.102940.
- Yuen, Belinda., Močnik, Špela., Yu, Freya Ching Hui., & Yap, Winston. (2020). Ageing-Friendly Neighbourhoods in Singapore, Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America An Annotated Bibliography. Springer.
- Yuen, Belinda., Močnik, Špela., Yu, Freya Ching Hui., & Yap, Winston. (2020). State of Ageing-Friendly City in Singapore. In Ageing-Friendly Neighbourhoods in Singapore, Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America (pp. 1-23). Springer, Cham.
- Lane, Anna., Wong, Chek Hooi., Močnik, Špela., Song, Siqi., & Yuen, Belinda. (2019). Association of Neighborhood Social Capital with Quality of Life Among Older People in Singapore. Journal of Aging and Health, 0898264319857990.
- Yuen, Belinda. & Močnik, Špela. (2019). Introduction: Framing the Issue, in B. Yuen (ed.) Ageing and the Built Environment in Singapore. Springer.
- Delanty, Gerard. and Močnik, Špela. (2015). ‘Cosmopolitanism’, in Oxford Bibliographies in Sociology.
- Močnik, Špela. (2018, Oct). Age-friendly neighbourhoods in Singapore: Understanding older adults’ needs and perceptions of the built environment. Canadian Association on Gerontology (CAG) Conference: Making It Matter: Mobilizing Aging Research, Practice & Policy, Vancouver, Canada.
- Močnik, Špela. (2014, May). (En)Countering Evil: Primo Levi’s Postmetaphysical Thinking. 2nd St Andrews Graduate Conference in International Political Theory: Political Evil, St Andrews University, UK.
- Močnik, Špela. (2013, Oct). The Concept of Cosmopolitan Solidarity. Cosmopolitanism and Conflict, John Cabot University, Italy.
- Močnik, Špela. (2010, Mar). Justice in Kantian and Smithian View: Human Rights and the Idea of Cosmopolitanism. Annual Postgraduate Conference: Whose Rights? How Right?, University of Warwick, UK.