The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities at the Singapore University of Technology and Design is looking for full-time Research Assistants/Associates to join the Urban Psychology Lab.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC), established in 2012, is a research centre at the Singapore University of Technology and Design. LKYCIC aims to stimulate research on cities and urbanisation, and explore the role of technology, design and policy in providing urban solutions.
We are looking for quantitative and qualitative early-career researchers interested in behavioural research to join the Urban Psychology Lab.
Ongoing projects at the Lab are at the intersections of sustainability, environment and health. The list of ongoing and past projects are described here: https://lkycic.sutd.edu.sg/labs/urban-psychology-lab/
About the Position:
This position is ideal for someone who is excited about applied, interdisciplinary research and is looking to gain experience for a future career in research. You will:
- Research and write literature reviews
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator and research team to craft research projects, including the formulation of research questions and hypotheses, and choosing appropriate methodologies
- Conduct fieldwork and data collection activities
- Conduct data analysis
- Assist to prepare manuscripts and reports for publication
- Communicate research with public and private stakeholders and collaborators
- Provide administrative support for research projects
This is a contract position. The initial term of appointment will be 1 year, extensible to longer terms, upon satisfactory performance and funding availability.
For applicants of the Research Assistant/Associate position:
- A Bachelors or Masters in psychology, urban studies, geography, sociology or closely-related areas
- An interest in behavioural change, urban issues, sustainability, environment and health
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and/or qualitative analysis
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Sound organisational and data management skills
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are to send in their full CV, cover letter (optional), two references, and two English writing samples to Dr Samuel Chng at firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications will be reviewed until the positions are filled.