Countries, cities, and companies are investing in smart cities and digital economies.
- How can people thrive as their lives are disrupted and transformed?
- Will jobs be created or destroyed?
- Will digital divides narrow or widen in education and healthcare?
Living Digital 2040 provides practical answers to these questions. It focuses on the future of work, education, and healthcare, because all of us experience these three social and economic institutions every day, and at seminal stages of our lives. Work, education, and healthcare also build our capabilities and relationships, so that we can live flourishing lives.
Living Digital 2040 takes the view that it is up to us create a future that is better than the one today. It explores practical possibilities we could pursue, and how our collective capacity for innovation and collaboration can tackle the disruptive forces, and transform our lives for the better.
The book launch was jointly organised by the Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities and World Scientific. During the launch, there will be a panel discussion moderated by Prof Chan Heng Chee, Chairman of Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities and featuring the following panelists:
- Mr Ng Chee Khern, Permanent Secretary (Smart Nation and Digital Government), Prime Minister’s Office
- Dr Lee Chien Earn, Chief Executive Officer, Changi General Hospital
- Mr Charles Ormiston, Partner, Bain & Company Southeast Asia, Inc.
- Mr Poon King Wang, Director, Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Dr Lim Wee Kiat, Research Fellow, Asian Business Case Centre, Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University
OpenGov, 12 Feb 2018, A discussion on technological disruption in government, business, healthcare, education (https://www.opengovasia.com/articles/a-discussion-on-technological-disruption-in-government-business-healthcare-education)
OpenGov, 23 Feb 2018, EXCLUSIVE – Conversation: Living in a digital world in 2040 (https://www.opengovasia.com/articles/exclusive-conversation-living-in-a-digital-world-in-2040)
Photo Credit From: World Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd