The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities at the Singapore University of Technology and Design is seeking a Research Fellow with strong research and project management background, to coordinate a multi-disciplinary and longitudinal research on career changes, transitions and contemporary. The research area is related to the Future of Work, and empowering Singaporean workers to cope with the changes in the Fourth Industrial Revolution and how working adults make career decisions in this context. The Research Fellow will work directly with the Principal Investigators (PIs) at every stage of the project and be involved in designing and executing a longitudinal mix-method study as well as preparation of academic publications, reports and policy papers. The Research Fellow will also lead and mentor a team of junior researchers during the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting a literature review/evidence synthesis.
- Design and conduct a longitudinal survey.
- Develop interview topic guides, arrange and conduct interviews and focus groups.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analyses.
- Identify, manage and track issues, risks and dependencies that affect the delivery of the project outcome.
- Liaising with external stakeholders.
- Assist in writing papers for peer-reviewed publication, reports and policy papers.
- Leading and mentoring junior researchers in the team.
- Additional duties as may reasonably be required within the scope described.
Skills and qualifications required:
- PhD in Education, Psychology, Social Science, Behavioural Science or related fields.
- Good knowledge of adult learning and/or career development research
- Good knowledge of social sciences, methods, and ability to apply it in a range of topics.
- Strong demonstrated skills in quantitative analysis. Preference will be given to candidates who work with R, STATA, Python, SPSS, SAS.
- Experience conducting surveys and questionnaires.
- Experience in mixed-method research.
- Demonstrate excellent research management and communication skills.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with subject heading – Research Fellow application – to the email address: email@example.com along with the following:
- Letter of interest addressing the essential and desirable skills of this position;
- Name and email address of 3 referees for us to contact;
- A sample of publication or research work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) offers an exciting and intellectually stimulating environment in which appointees can make a significant contribution and develop professionally.