The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC), a research institute at the Singapore University of Technology and Design, invites interested researchers to apply for the position of a Research Associate/Research Fellow in Urban Planning to participate in projects on urban change, belonging, and place-making. The successful candidate will be appointed for a two-year term initially, extendable to the third year.
Candidates who have an interest in the human-built environment interaction are strongly encouraged to apply. In addition, experience of combining quantitative and qualitative social research skills with digital spatial analysis will be highly regarded.
Candidates must have a Masters degree in one of the following fields: urban planning and studies, geography, sociology, or in related fields of architecture, environmental psychology, and digital mapping. Candidates with a PhD or the equivalent will be considered for appointment as a Research Fellow.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Principal Investigator to do the following:
- Manage the project administratively
- Develop the research design
- Conduct fieldwork in Singapore that includes collecting and documenting primary data about human-urban environment interactions
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative research data, including creating maps and visualizing data
- Document research outcomes and findings
- Prepare publications and present at conferences
Remuneration will be internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will be part of the MSc Urban Science, Policy and Planning programme teaching team.
Interested applicants should submit a dossier consisting of the following:
- a cover letter (maximum 3 pages)
- up-to-date CV
- a statement describing their research interest and experience
- a statement describing their teaching experience (if any)
- contact details for three referees (only short-listed applicants will be invited to submit reference letters)
- Writing sample, and portfolio (if available)
We will begin evaluating candidates immediately, but the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. E-mail applications and further enquiries should be sent to Dr Felicity Chan, email@example.com (please indicate “Research Associate/Research Fellow – Urban Planning Application” as the subject heading).