The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC), established in 2012, is a research centre at the Singapore University of Technology and Design. LKYCIC aims to stimulate research on cities and urbanisation, and explore the role of technology, design and policy in providing urban solutions.
We are looking for a Research Associate or (Senior) Research Assistant interested in life-long learning for older workers and in ageism at the workplace to join the project titled “Battling Ageism: Myths and Misperceptions of Mature and Older Workers and Learners”. This inter-disciplinary project studies how we can battle ageism at the workplace and to understand the barriers that mature and older workers face in the participation and their engagement in life-long learning efforts. We use qualitative interviews, quantitative surveys, and design thinking principles to come up with possible interventions that would benefit mature and older Singaporean workers.
About the Position:
The candidate will be expected to:
- Research and write literature reviews
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator and research team to refine project research design, including the formulation of research questions and hypotheses, and developing the details for the appropriate methodologies
- Coordinate different research activities related to the project
- Consolidate, develop and perform administrative matters related to surveys, questionnaires, and interviews
- Assist in the analysis of data
- Help prepare manuscripts and reports for publication
- Communicate research with public and private stakeholders and collaborators
This is a contract position. The term of appointment will be 1 year, extensible to longer terms upon satisfactory performance and funding availability.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in fields related to the study (e.g. social sciences, educational sciences, policy studies)
- An interest in the phenomenon of ageism in the workplace
- Demonstrated skills in conducting quantitative and/or qualitative research
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Sound organisational and data management skills
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are to submit their full CV, cover letter (optional), two references, and two English writing samples to email@example.com. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.