The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities at the Singapore University of Technology and Design is seeking two Research Associates/Assistants with a strong research background, to contribute to a multi-disciplinary and longitudinal research on Open Loop Careers. The research area is related to the Future of Work, and empowering Singaporean workers to cope with the changes in the Fourth Industrial Revolution and how working adults make career decisions in this context. The research areas are on adult learning, career development and education.
The Research Associate/Assistant will contribute to the design and execution of a longitudinal mix-method study and its associated data collection and analysis, as well as assisting in the preparation of academic publications, reports and policy papers. The Research Associate/Assistant will contribute predominantly to either qualitative or quantitative aspects of the research while being trained in the other research methods under the mentorship of the Research Fellow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to literature review/evidence synthesis.
- Contribute to designing and conducting a longitudinal survey and assist in the analysis of the data.
- Develop interview topic guides, arrange and conduct interviews and focus groups.
- Conduct qualitative or quantitative data analyses.
- Collaborate in a team of researchers to conduct fieldwork.
- Conduct workshops with students and external participants.
- Support the team in project management of the research, including technical aspects and budgeting and administrative tasks.
- Liaising with external stakeholders.
- Assist in preparing papers for peer-reviewed publication, reports and policy papers.
- Additional duties as may reasonably be required within the scope described.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Masters or Bachelors in Education, Psychology, Sociology, Ethnography, Anthropology, Social Science, Behavioural Science or related fields.
- Good knowledge/demonstrated interest in adult learning and/or career development research.
- Good knowledge/demonstrated interest in the social sciences and methods.
- Demonstrate knowledge in either
- Using qualitative methods, including literature reviews/evidence synthesis, conduct of in-depth interviews and focus groups, and qualitative data analysis, or
- Using quantitative methods, including longitudinal study design, literature reviews/evidence synthesis, conducting surveys, and quantitative data analysis.
- Prior experience with both qualitative and quantitative methods is a plus, but not essential.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to learn new research methodologies.
- Ability to do conversations in local Singapore mother tongues (Mandarin, Malay, Tamil, dialects) is a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with subject heading – OLC Research Associate/Assistant application – to the email address: email@example.com along with the following:
- Letter of interest addressing the essential and desirable skills of this position;
- Name and email address of 3 referees for us to contact;
- A sample of publication or research work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) offers an exciting and intellectually stimulating environment in which appointees can make a significant contribution and develop professionally.