The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities, a research institute at the Singapore University of Technology and Design, is looking for a Research Assistant/Associate and would like to invite interested candidates to send in their applications.
The candidate will join a team of interdisciplinary researchers working at the forefront of urban research in Asia. The successful candidate will have a background in urban data analytics and can expect to:
- Develop urban data analysis methodology and datasets
- Contribute towards the design and conduct of research studies in the region
- Participate in fieldwork and data collection activities, data analysis, literature review and preparation of publications
- Apply advanced statistical modelling techniques to real-world problems
- Represent the research team and present the research at research and non-research conferences and settings
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Urban Informatics, Geographical Information Science, Spatial Data Science or in other related fields
- Experience in using geospatial packages in key programming languages in Python or R such as GeoPandas, GDAL, MGWR or PYSAL
- Excellent knowledge of the geospatial process and spatial analysis in the domain of urban studies, together with GIS tools such as QGIS or ArcGIS
- Ability to effectively communicate data models, modifications and findings
- Experience of working with urban data on city-scale problems, applying data analytics and/or modelling to health, mobility or urban planning would be a plus
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are to submit their full CV, cover letter, an English writing sample and contact of two referees to Dr Harvey Neo at firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.