The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) at the Singapore University of Technology and Design is seeking a full-time Research Assistant to contribute to a project on Cities Innovation and Transformation Assessment, which includes exploring pioneering practices of urban transformation around the world. The successful candidate will join the LKYCIC and work with a diverse and interdisciplinary team of researchers and professionals.
Duration: To commence as soon as possible. The initial term of appointment will be one year, extensible to longer terms upon satisfactory performance and funding availability.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as urban planning, geography, urban design, public policy, sociology, architecture, or urban informatics.
- Strong research and analytical skills, including collecting, synthesizing, and analysing data from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated quantitative and/or spatial analysis skills, such as proficiency in data analysis software (e.g., Excel, SPSS, R).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including assisting in developing reports and papers for publication and presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong time management and project organisational skills.
- Proficiency in using key programming languages in Python or R for data visualisation would be a plus.
- Experience in working with urban data on city-scale problems would be a plus.
How to Apply: The application with the subject heading – Cities Innovation and Transformation Assessment RA Application – should be sent via email to Dr. Yanjun Cai at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application must include the following:
- a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and addressing the qualifications and skills requirements
- a curriculum vitae
- a writing sample
- three referees who may be contacted for a reference
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position remains open until filled.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities offers an exciting and intellectually stimulating environment where appointees can significantly contribute and develop professionally.